lunes, 8 de noviembre de 2010

Towards Cáceres

Bus back to Aljucen then on into the countryside.  Much more varied and interesting that the stretch round Almendralejo, and generally felt stronger after a bit of a rest and the blister has almost gone as well (I think I must have had a slight attack of cafard in the long flat bit from Zafra to Merida). 

Was slightly surprised to find clouds in the sky for the first time since leaving Seville exactly a week ago.  It meant that I was deprived of the companionship of my shadow, which has been striding out to the left of me as I leave in the morning, getting shorter and moving straight in front at noon, and then slowly getting taller and moving over to the east (and stooping slightly) as the afternoons turned to evening.  I've missed him (I assume one's shadow is the same sex as one is?), but the weather reports suggest he should be back with me by Wednesday or Thursday.



Now at a very decent Casa Rural in Aldea del Cano, about 25km short of Cáceres, using the free wifi supplied by the local Biblioteca.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario